26 TIPS FOR MANAGING STRESS
Stress affects your health and can lead to all sorts of serious health issues. Most times the key to avoiding stressful situations are staring us in the face but we either walk in denial or refuse to take action. I always say, YOU, are the captain of your ship – your life on earth and you steer it the way you want and take responsibility for any outcome – negative or positive. Good or bad. So if it is your desire to life a healthy, impactful, joyful and peaceful life, put these 26 tips into action and the outcome will be phenomenal! I promise you that. So here we go…..
- Always take time for yourself, at lest 30 minutes per day
- Be aware of your own stress meter: Know when to step back and cool down
- Concentrate on controlling your own situation, without controlling everybody else
- Daily exercise will burn off the stress chemicals
- Eat lots of fresh fruit, veggies, bread and water, give your body the best for it to perform at its best
- Forgive others, don’t hold grudges and be tolerant – not everyone is as capable as you
- Gain perspective on things, how important is the issue?
- Hugs, kisses and laughter: Have fun and don’t be afraid to share your feelings with others
- Identify stressors and plan to deal with them better next time.
- Judge your own performance realistically; don’t set goals out of your own reach
- Keep a positive attitude, your outlook will influence outcomes and the way others treat you
- Limit alcohol, drugs and other stimulants, they affect your perception and behavior
- Manage money well, seek advice and save at least 10 percent of what you earn
- No is a word you need to learn to use without feeling guilty
- Outdoor activities by yourself, or with friends and family, can be a great way to relax.
- Play your favorite music rather than watching television
- Quit smoking: It is stressing your body daily, not to mention killing you too.
- Relationships: Nurture and enjoy them – learn to listen more and talk less.
- Sleep well, with a firm mattress and a supportive pillow; don’t overheat yourself and allow plenty of ventilation.
- Treat yourself once a week with a massage, dinner out, the movie: Moderation is the key
- Understand things from the other person’s point of view
- Verify information from the source before exploding
- Worry less, it really does not get things completed better or quicker
- Xpress: Make a regular retreat to your favourite space, make holidays part of your yearly plan and budget
- Yearly goal setting: Plan what you want to achieve based on your priorities in your career, relationships, etc
- Zest for life: Each day is a gift, smile and be thankful that you are a part of the bigger picture.
There we are – 26 easy to do tips…yes easy because there is nothing that can’t be achieve once the determination, diligence and focus is there. BUT if you find things getting on top of you and seem not to be able to go past a few tips – then it is time to get in touch for us to see how we can assist you. Phone to book an appointment with – The Coach!!